Basement Water Extraction
Soggy cellar not in your weekend or workday plans? Water in your basement is not only an unwelcome surprise, but a source of potential residential or commercial property destruction and contamination. Water flooding your basement from storms, plumbing accidents, blocked drains, sewer-line backups, appliance breakdowns, or other disaster can leave your personal possessions, furniture, and fixtures or business documents, equipment, and inventory vulnerable to contamination or loss.
Residential or Commercial Basement Flooding? Call MHS Restoration 24/7 – (847) 991-7100
Our Rolling Meadows office provides professional water-extraction services for homes and businesses in the Chicago suburban area—Crystal Lake, Palatine, Libertyville, Barrington, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Naperville, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, and other area suburbs. MHS Restoration professionals understand that a water-logged basement is not just inconvenient, but potentially hazardous. A delay in getting immediate help could mean costly or even permanent damage to electrical boxes, furnaces, furniture, personal belongings, inventory, records, and even the foundation of your home or building. And water seepage may create the risk of a mold contamination, which can jeopardize not only your personal property, but your family’s or employees’ health.
We Take Your Emergency Call 24/7 At (847) 991-7100. MHS Restoration’s IICRC-trained technicians arrive at your home or business in the Chicago suburbs within two hours, assess the extent of the situation, and remove the standing water and your contents so we can get to work safely and efficiently restoring your basement to its pre-water damage condition. We are family owned and operated, and fully licensed, bonded, and insured—so you can be confident we will provide caring, dependable customer service. We give you a free, guaranteed estimate, then we get the job done fast and get it done right, keeping you informed all along the way.
Basement water damage can occur any time from natural or mechanical causes, leaving your home or business with structural problems, sanitation concerns, and ruined property. If this happens at your home or business, you need expert help, and you need it fast to protect against further damage from structural weakening or mold infestation.
MHS Restoration Dries, Cleans, and Restores Your Home or Business Basement to Its Pre-damage Condition. Our certified technicians are available 24/7, every day of the year. We have the knowledge and experience to properly and thoroughly handle all your water-removal and restoration needs using our methodical, safe, and thorough water-removal and restoration process:
1. Inspection, Assessment, and First Steps
- As soon as our technicians arrive on the premises, they take complete safety precautions, from wearing hazard gear to shutting down the electric power if needed.
- We determine the source of the flooding and stop the flow of moving water into your basement.
- Next we categorize the biohazard level, which depends on the source of flooding—toilets and sewer lines pose special dangers from contaminants.
- Then we develop a cleanup and treatment plan by classifying the damage, determining how much water has spread and been absorbed in walls and insulation, carpets, carpet pads, flooring, furniture, equipment, stored items, and belongings, as well as in surfaces such as concrete, brick, or hardwood – surfaces that absorb water differently and require individualized drying procedures.
- Our team removes all your possessions for safekeeping, treatment, or disposal.
2. Water Extraction, Drying, and Cleaning
- Our professionals work quickly to extract the basement water using portable, state-of-the-art equipment, making certain the water doesn’t touch any other surface—and then dispose of it properly.
- After all water has been extracted, we place high-powered air movers and fans to dry the area quickly. We also use drying panels and dehumidifiers and open any available windows in favorable weather conditions to take advantage of the sun and dry breezes.
- Then, we place moisture-detecting sensors, infrared cameras, and hygrometers to gauge residual dampness in walls, concrete, and other areas where mold, mildew, and bacteria can grow. We check humidity levels and ambient temperatures on a return visit.
- When we are certain the area is completely dry, we thoroughly clean and sanitize the basement, specially treating areas susceptible to mold and mildew.
- To reduce airborne contaminants, we check your HVAC system to ensure it is dry.
3. Storage, Salvaging, Cleaning, and Disposal
- We move your undamaged possessions off-site with our pack-out and storage services to protect them from further moisture and dampness.
- Then we identify salvageable furniture, fixtures, and other items and arrange for drying, cleaning, and sanitizing using safe and effective professional-grade detergents and antimicrobials at our facility or at a specialized partner site.
- We clean non-portable property, such as HVAC units, on premises.
- After the restoration, we help return your possessions to a clean and safe basement.
- Finally, we remove and dispose of items that cannot be salvaged.
4. Reconstruction, Renovation, and Repair of Structures
- We alert you to possible structural concerns, rebuilding and renovating many aspects of the basement structure ourselves.
- For more extensive structural damage from floodwater, we offer professional construction services and renovate to your specifications.
Our goal at MHS Restoration is to return your basement to its pre-water-damage condition and make it safe for people, pets, and possessions with minimal disruption to your home or business. We strive to exceed your expectations for high-quality work and customer service by providing:
- Fully licensed, insured, and bonded services
- Expertly trained, knowledgeable, and IICRC-certified technicians
- State-of-the-art water-extraction equipment
- Safe, FDA-approved cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing products
- Complete documentation of damage to support your insurance claim
- Assistance with returning your belongings
- Post-cleanup inspection and retreatment if necessary to ensure complete restoration
If you have a flooded basement at your home or business in the suburban Chicago areas of Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Palatine, Barrington, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Naperville, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, and their surrounding suburbs, Call MHS Restoration at (847) 991-7100 immediately—we’ll be there fast to restore your basement to its pre-damage condition and get your life back to normal.