Biohazard cleanup and remediation requires highly specialized handling. Biohazard – short for biological hazard – refers to a biological substance such as a bacteria or virus that can range in toxicity from non-infectious to fatal. They are most typically transmitted through bodily fluids and blood, or by materials, such as needles. By extension, biohazard cleanup and remediation is also necessary where a situation has occurred that requires decontamination and disinfecting, such as in a hoarding situation or one where excess animal waste exists.
MHS Restoration provides 24-hour response to any type of biohazard situation. We offer professional biohazard cleanup and restoration services in the west and northwest suburbs of Chicago, including Palatine, Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Barrington, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Naperville, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, and the surrounding suburbs. We take your call 24/7/365, and help emergency responders such as fire and police, where crime or trauma has occurred as well as homeowners, businesses, realtors, property managers, and more.
Improper exposure to, or handling of, biohazardous materials can pose serious risk and potentially transmit disease. The cleanup of these materials should be performed only by professionals who have been specifically trained and certified in the science and techniques behind biohazards and how to safely handle and remove them.
MHS RESTORATION handles all types of biohazard, crime scene, and trauma cleanup and decontamination situations, including:
• Blood and body fluids
• Police crime and accident scenes
• Hoarding and filthy property situations
• Animal waste and filth
• Homicide, suicide, and other death situations
• Sewage spills or backup
• Meth and other illegal drug labs
• Chemical spills
• Industrial contaminations
• Noxious odor removal
In each of these situations, the dangers and health risks to residents, employees, building occupants, and property owners is high. Human and animal waste can be rife with infectious bacteria, pathogens, and microorganisms. Blood and bodily fluids can contain infectious viruses such as HIV/AIDS. Illegal drug scenes can contain dangerous “sharp” items such as needles or razor blades, or non-sharp items such as contaminated gloves.
Never attempt to clean a biohazard site yourself. Rather, rely on MHS Restoration to safely and effectively clean the mess and properly remove and dispose of the biohazardous material and anything it has come into contact with. Once onsite, we follow a methodical, step-by-step process to address the situation. We have the expertise and training to handle the work from start to finish, and our process is thorough.
1. Because every situation is different, we first assess the scene to understand the cause of the contamination. Only then can we determine the proper, most appropriate cleanup and restoration method to follow.
2. We deploy all safety steps, including dressing in proper gear and containing the area to be cleaned and remediated – whatever is necessary to remain safe and eliminate risk of exposure and further contamination.
3. In compliance with all health and safety procedures, we safely remove from the premises all biohazardous waste as well as items the contaminated substance may have come into contact with. That could range from furniture and nearby objects to floors and walls.
4. Proper storing and disposal of chemical waste and biohazards is just as important as their removal. We comply with all disposal procedures that pertain to the individual situation.
5. We thoroughly decontaminate, sanitize, and deodorize the property using safe, effective cleaning products, and also renovate to restore areas of the scene that were damaged or removed during the cleanup process.
MHS professionals are caring and compassionate, as well as discreet. Once police or other emergency responders have given the clear to enter onto the scene, our technicians arrive in company trucks and get right to work. Depending on the situation, we don the necessary hazard gear to avoid spread and further decontamination that could occur from direct contact.
The benefits of using MHS RESTORATION to handle any type of biohazard emergency or crime scene cleanup are many.
- We are your neighbors, and never consider your crisis to be just another job – your situation matters and we treat every customer and every situation with utmost care and respect.
- With 24/7/365 availability, we’re available when you need us most for all emergency services.
- To help you get the maximum benefit on any insurance claim you submit, we support you through the insurance claims process.
- Our procedures, equipment, and gear emphasize compliance and employee safety.
- We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured, so you can trust us to do a quality job.
- We work until the job is complete and do whatever it takes to ensure your full satisfaction.
The emotional aftermath of a traumatic event is often overwhelming for those involved. We understand, and help by providing quality services to take care of the physical aftermath quickly, efficiently, and properly. We cooperate with health and safety officials, including police and first responders, and coordinate our cleanup efforts after they have given their approval. And, MHS RESTORATION professionals adhere to all relevant health and safety regulations, and fully document our work processes.
We hope you never experience an accident or trauma event where professional biohazard or crime scene cleaning and remediation services are needed. But if you do, MHS Restoration will be there to help. Whether you’ve experienced an accident, crime, or other trauma, or need immediate cleanup and restoration for some other biohazard or hazmat event, call MHS right away. We serve the Chicago area suburbs of Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Barrington, Palatine, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Naperville, Downers Grove, and Elmhurst, as well as their surrounding suburbs, and will be onsite in two hours or less.
MHS goes beyond restoring your property to the condition it was in before the biohazardous event occurred. We strive to fully instill your confidence in knowing the place you return to will be safe, clean, and healthy.
MHS Restoration is Available 24/7 For all Emergency Services So Call (847) 991-7100.