The carpet in your home or business creates the atmosphere and look of your room or commercial space. But over time, its appearance can be easily marred by spots and stains. Vacuuming and spot removal, even when performed regularly, may provide surface cleaning. But routine maintenance alone will not extend the life and beauty of a carpet with ground-in dirt and odors. Even worse, if you have suffered a fire or flood, you may have extensively damaged, contaminated carpets and area rugs.
Experts recommend having residential and commercial carpets professionally cleaned every 12–18 months to maintain beauty, reduce allergens, and restore freshness. More frequent cleaning is needed in high-traffic areas that sustain above average wear and tear or unusual spillage. Some manufacturers even void their warranty if the carpet is not cleaned properly.
Soiled Residential or Commercial Carpet from Routine Wear, Fire, or Flood?
Call MHS Restoration at (847) 991-7100
The experienced technicians at MHS Restoration handle all your carpet cleaning needs, whether for routine maintenance or for emergency cleaning following a disaster. We also care for decorative area rugs. Our family-owned business, a division of McMaid Home Services, operates in the Chicago suburbs of Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Barrington, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Palatine, Naperville, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, and their surrounding suburbs.
Our commitment to our customers means you always receive personal attention and professional carpet cleaning that is much more effective than you would get from a do-it-yourself effort with a rental. Call us if your carpet or rug:
- Has become dull and dingy from daily use
- Was left by the previous homeowner or apartment tenant
- Shows stubborn stains that don’t come out with normal scrubbing or spot treatment
- Has been soiled by pet waste or human fluids
- Retains smoke odors following a fire
- Has sustained water damage and contamination from a flood
Our specialized techniques include carpet cleaning methods approved by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). We use state-of-the-art, professional-grade equipment to produce high pressure and heated steam to sanitize, rinse, and deodorize carpets. Our process:
- Removes tough soil
- Cleans lightly soiled areas
- Is environmentally safe
- Treats pet odor and waste
- Includes Scotchgarding™ to protect against wear and prevent stains from setting
- Leaves carpets sanitized, fresh, and safe for people and pets
Why Should You Call MHS Restoration For Carpet Cleaning?
Your carpets and decorative area rugs are in good hands with MHS Restoration’s professional carpet cleaning service. To ensure dyes don’t bleed and fibers won’t shrink, we check the manufacturer’s cleaning recommendations and consult with you before proceeding with cleaning and grooming your carpets and area rugs, working to restore their beauty and freshness.
Our thorough cleaning process includes:
1. Inspection and Preparation
- We start by thoroughly inspecting your carpet, noting special stains and high-traffic areas, to develop a cleaning strategy.
- Problem areas receive pretreatment with an appropriate, safe solution that starts cleaning immediately.
- We prepare the larger space by carefully removing smaller pieces of furniture—coffee and end tables, sofas, chairs, and nightstands—from the area to be cleaned. We protect larger pieces remaining in place, such as China cabinets, dressers, armoires, and beds, by elevating them on disposable blocks or wedges and using protective pads—this also protects your damp carpet from furniture stains or paints.
- Finally, we vacuum to pick up dust, hair, and debris.
2. Steam Cleaning and Drying
- We apply a safe, effective cleaning solution to the entire carpet and then steam clean using portable high-powered, professional-grade equipment and hot-water extraction to pull soil from deep within the carpet fibers.
- Complete drying requires 6–12 hours, depending on the ambient temperature and levels of heat and humidity. To speed dry time, we recommend using fans and opening windows if weather permits. Because life and work must go on during drying, we provide home- and business owners with booties for family and employees to slip on over their shoes if they need to walk on a newly cleaned area before it is thoroughly dry.
3. Post-Treatment Follow-Up
- Once the carpet has dried, we ask you to carefully check all areas, especially those that were pretreated, and let us know if any stains remain. If so, we will return and take steps to remove as much of the stubborn staining as possible.
- We also document our work to support your insurance claim in the event the cleaning was due to a disaster.
IICRC-Certified Carpet Cleaning for Homes and Businesses
Fully Licensed, Bonded, and Insured
MHS Restoration’s technicians are fully trained and IICRC-certified, which ensures we are current with the latest industry-approved methods, products, and equipment. We are committed to maintaining the reputation of our family business—so rest assured we’ll do whatever it takes to restore your carpet and rugs to beautiful, safe conditions.
When you call our fully licensed, insured, and bonded carpet cleaning service, you can count on us to:
- Send IICRC-trained and certified technicians
- Use professional-grade, state-of-the-art equipment and methods
- Apply safe, effective cleaning and decontamination products approved by manufacturers
- Support your insurance claim, including documentation of damage in the event of a fire, flood, or other disaster
- Remain on premises until you are completely satisfied with our work
If you need carpet cleaning in the suburban Chicago areas of Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Palatine, Barrington, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Naperville, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, and surrounding suburbs, Call MHS Restoration at (847) 991-7100—we’ll make sure your carpet and rugs reflect the look you want for your home or business.