Fire Damage Cleanup and Restoration
A fire at your home or place of business is one of the most frightening and devastating experiences you’ll ever have. Fire threatens people’s safety and can leave catastrophic destruction to your home or commercial property in its wake. Beyond damage from the actual fire, residual smoke and water or chemical damage from firefighting efforts multiply the damage to a building’s structural components and contents.
When fire occurs, you may be tempted to retrieve possessions and valuables as well as get started on the cleanup process as quickly as possible. Don’t attempt to go it alone. The work involved in cleaning and renovating after a fire is both difficult and dangerous. You need a professional fire damage restoration company with the expertise and experience to handle the job safely, thoroughly, and properly.
MHS Restoration can help. We are a professional fire damage restoration company, and understand the extent of damage and trauma a fire can cause. Our professionals are available 24/7 to respond to your emergency and handle any type of fire damage restoration job. We treat both you and your property with respect, and are sensitive to your every need.
MHS Restoration is a division of McMaid. We serve the west and northwest suburbs of Chicago, including Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Barrington, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Palatine, Naperville, Downers Grove, and Elmhurst, as well as the surrounding suburbs. And because we are close by, we arrive on-site in two hours or less to begin work.
Fire destroys virtually all types of buildings and building materials. To add insult to injury, the water and chemical agents used to extinguish a fire can also cause considerable damage. Inside your home or business, the furnishings, flooring and carpeting, window treatments, electronics, personal belongings, and more absorb these elements as well as ash residue that, if not properly cleaned, dried, and treated, can lead to long-term structural and property damage as a result.
Our fire restoration process handles any type of fire-related damage in your residential or commercial property. We want our residential customers to feel clean and comfortable when they return home. We want our commercial customers to safely and quickly get back to work. We do whatever it takes to restore your property to its pre-fire-damage condition, always ensuring everyone’s full safety and comfort.
For all Emergency Services Call MHS Restoration 24/7 at (847) 991-7100.
MHS Restoration’s Fire Damage Process
As soon as fire officials and emergency responders give approval to enter the property, we get to work. As a first step, we consider the following in order to develop the most appropriate cleanup and restoration plan:
- Fire classification as either electrical or based on what was consumed – paper, trash, grease, metal, oil, gasoline, etc.
- Temperature of the fire
- How much time has passed between when the fire was put out and when cleanup begins
- Extent of fire/water/chemical damage
- Level and extent of smoke penetration
- Condition of the contents – structural, equipment, personal belongings – and if they are salvageable
Our comprehensive restoration process covers every detail. We will:
1. Board up and Cover the Roof – If necessary, we place protective barriers to protect your property from weather damage, animals, and vandalism.
2. Salvage and Clean Contents – In collaboration with you, we identify salvageable items and set them aside for cleaning and restoration.
3. Remove Debris – We remove and properly dispose of all debris and items that cannot be salvaged.
4. Clean, Sanitize, Deodorize – Using only safe, approved methods and products, we thoroughly clean, sanitize, and deodorize all structural components that took on fire, water, or smoke damage, including: floors, carpets, ceilings, walls, furnishings, appliances, fixtures, electronics.
5. Remove and Dry Water – To gain full access to every corner of your property, we use professional-grade portable equipment to extract standing water. Next, we use drying equipment to completely eliminate dampness and humidity which could lead to mold and mildew.
6. Repair and Renovate – If any part of your building has sustained fire damage, we are equipped to handle the repair or renovation work to your specifications.
Why Choose MHS Restoration?
Fire, water, and smoke damage in your home or business can be minor or it can be an extensive problem that requires major repair and restoration. At MHS Restoration, no job is too small, or too big, and we put our name and reputation behind every job we complete.
Regardless of the type or extent of fire damage you experience inside your home or business property, call a professional fire restoration company with the training, expertise, and experience to fully address the problem. MHS Restoration brings quality of performance and service you can rely on. There are many reasons to choose MHS Restoration, such as:
- Our technicians are trained and IICRC-certified – the Institute of the Inspection Cleaning Restoration and Certification sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industry.
- We support you through the insurance claims process to help you obtain maximum benefit for the fire damage incurred.
- We use only professional-grade, state of the art methods and equipment, and they are safe for use in any environment.
- MHS Restoration is licensed, bonded, and insured.
- MHS Restoration is family-owned and operated, and strives always to ensure your complete satisfaction.
We hope you never have to deal with a fire at your home or business property, but if you do, and you’re located in the Chicago area suburbs of Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Barrington, Arlington Heights, Palatine, Schaumburg, Naperville, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, or another nearby suburb, call MHS Restoration right away. We’re available to respond to your emergency 365 days a year, and you can trust our experts to fully restore your property to its safe, clean, pre-fire-damage condition as quickly as possible.
MHS Restoration is Available 24/7 For all Emergency Services So Call (847) 991-7100.