A backed-up sewer is the nastiest, most unsanitary problem a home or business owner ever has to deal with. Not only is it messy and unpleasant, but sewage allows potentially dangerous bacteria and other biohazards into your home or business building, posing serious health threats to family and pets, employees and customers. And the concerns don’t end there – microorganisms such as mold and mildew can grow and spread in moist, damp areas, causing or exacerbating health issues such as allergies and asthma.
If you have a sewage disaster at your residential or commercial property, you need a professional restoration company to deal with it before it escalates. MHS Restoration’s family-owned and operated cleaning and restoration company provides thorough sewer cleanup services for homes and businesses in the Chicago suburbs of Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Barrington, Arlington Heights, Palatine, Schaumburg, Naperville, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, and their surrounding suburbs. Call MHS Restoration 24/7 at (847) 991-7100 right away.
We strive to exceed every customer’s expectations with our quality work and excellent customer service. We offer:
- Technicians with training, knowledge, and expertise
- Professional-grade, state-of-the-art equipment
- Cleaning and decontamination products that are safe and effective
- Support in restoring your furnishings and belongings
- Insurance claims support, including documentation of damage
- And anything else it takes to get you and your property back to normal, safe conditions
MHS Restoration’s professionals understand that sewage is more than just unpleasant and inconvenient—it poses dangers. A delay in getting immediate help could mean costly or even permanent damage to structures, fixtures, systems, and equipment, and ruin furniture, personal belongings, inventory, records, and other valuables. Worse, it can jeopardize the health of home or building occupants with the potential for mold contamination a real threat.
Residential or Commercial Sewage Backup? Call MHS Restoration 24/7 at (847) 991-7100
What Causes Sewer Backups?
A sewer line backup can be caused by a number of problems, including:
- Blockage of a city or town’s main public sewer line by heavy rains and flash floods
- Structural defects such as cracks or breaks in the sewer line or drain
- Growth of tree roots inside sewer lines
- Solid items such as disposable diapers flushed down toilets
- Accumulated substances – baby wipes, kitty litter, hair – in drains and pipes
What Are The Symptoms Of A Sewer Backup?
Sewer backups present a variety of symptoms – call MHS Restoration right away if you:
- Smell raw sewage from drains that lead to the sewer line
- See sewer water in, or have, overflowing toilets and sinks
- Spot signs of water damage on your property’s foundation
- Notice an accumulation of water outside or in another area where an underground septic system is located
- Hear gurgling sounds or notice increasingly slow drainage in sinks and tubs
Call MHS Restoration 24/7, Year Round, at (847) 991-7100 to diagnose and professionally repair and clean up your sewer-line problem. We are licensed, bonded, and insured. And our technicians are certified by IICRC – the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification, which sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industry.
MHS Restoration repairs the sewer line and cleans up the hazardous mess to restore your home or business property to its pre-damage condition. Our technicians arrive onsite in two hours or less, and bring the knowledge and experience to properly and thoroughly handle your sewage backup problem using our methodical, safe, and thorough process:
- Inspection and Assessment
- We inspect the sewer line to determine the location and cause of the backup or breakage. Using a drain snake with an attached waterproof video camera, we watch the video feed to locate and identify the problem.
- We determine the appropriate course of action to remedy the situation, and provide you with a no-cost estimate.
- Repair/Replacement and Blockage Clearing
- We get to work to replace the damaged sewer line by digging at the location where the problem occurred, extracting the damaged section, and replacing it. Alternatively, after discussion with you, we can reline the damaged section or, in severe cases, replace the old line with new pipe or pull a new pipe through the existing one.
- We clear the sewer line blockage using specialty cables to bore through and clean the pipe or flush out the blockage with a high-powered hydrojet cleaning system.
- Salvaging, Cleaning, Storage, and Disposal
- We assess your belongings to determine what can be salvaged, cleaned, and stored at our facility or at a specialized partner site.
- We dispose of any ruined items that have absorbed sewage water – carpets and carpet pads, furniture, drapes, bedding, or personal items.
- Sewage/Water Extraction, Cleaning, and Drying
- We begin cleanup by extracting sewage and contaminated water using industry-grade professional equipment.
- We clean, disinfect, and deodorize the area where sewage or contaminated water has come in contact with nonporous materials, such as floor tiles. Using professional-grade, safe solutions, disinfectants, and deodorizers, we clean the area to ensure complete decontamination and safety for building occupants.
- We dry and dehumidify the area with powerful air movers and dehumidifiers to prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
- Inspection and Assessment
We also work with your insurance company and facilitate the claims process by documenting our cleanup and restoration process so you receive the maximum benefit for the damage incurred.
Our goal at MHS Restoration is to ensure your complete satisfaction by returning your property to its pre-damage condition and making it healthy and safe for people and pets, and restoring and decontaminating possessions with minimal disruption to your home or business.
If you sustain a sewer backup disaster at your home or commercial property in the Chicago area suburbs of Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Barrington, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Naperville, Palatine, Downers Grove, and Elmhurst, or any of the surrounding areas, Call MHS Restoration at (847) 991-7100 immediately—we’ll be there fast to clean it up and restore your property—and life—back to normal.