MHS Storm Damage Restoration
The greater Chicago area sees its fair share of rain and snow storms and severe weather events year round. Many of these storms leave heavy flooding and destruction in their wake. Thanks to prolonged frigid temperatures in the winter and rainstorms and flash flooding in the summer, extreme weather conditions can wreak storm damage havoc on homes and businesses, and cause a range of serious problems that require emergency response.
If you are located in the Chicago area suburbs of Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Barrington, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Naperville, Downers Grove, Palatine, and Elmhurst, or any of the surrounding areas, you know firsthand the damage caused by wind, rain, snow, and ice storms. MHS Restoration, a residential and commercial water damage cleanup and restoration company, offers 24/7 cleanup and restoration services when you need fast, professional help.
For example, in cold temperatures, water inside pipes can freeze and cause a pipe to burst and leak water everywhere. Or an electrical outage cuts power and prevents your sump pump from functioning, which leaves your basement flooded. Ice buildup under roof lines can lead to water inside your attic. Flash floods can cause storm drains to back up and force excess water to flood onto your property.
If your home or business is located in our service area, and your residential or commercial property is experiencing water or other damage from a storm event, call MHS Restoration for professional help right away. We answer your emergency call any time day or night, and are prepared to respond to your storm damage emergency in two hours or less. Our goal is always to mitigate the damage to your home or business and restore it to pre-damage condition as quickly as possible.
MHS Restoration is licensed, bonded, and insured. Our uniformed technicians arrive onsite in company vehicles and are fully trained and IICRC-certified in the services they perform. We work with your insurance company, facilitate the insurance claims process on your behalf, and strive to make sure you receive maximum benefit for the storm damage your property sustained.
Our Storm Damage Restoration Process
Our storm damage restoration and renovation process ensures your property is thoroughly and properly cleaned and restored to its pre-damage condition, so that building occupants feel safe and comfortable when they return.
1. Assess the Damage – We first assess the extent of storm and water damage to your property, and develop an appropriate cleanup and restoration plan. We also locate the source of water entry and take appropriate steps to prevent any more water from entering or flooding your property.
2. Identify Contaminants – Our next critical step is to identify the type of water that has entered or flooded your property based on IICRC guidelines for categorizing storm water. Water from different sources contains different levels of contaminants and potentially biohazardous materials. Our storm-damage cleanup process can handle whatever type of contaminants may be found in the water.
3. Determine the Extent of Storm Water Damage – This step involves confirming how much water occupies the affected area as well as how far the dampness and moisture damage has spread. We check walls, drywall, insulation, flooring, carpets, carpet pads, ceilings, attics, and other surfaces such as brick, hardwood, or concrete that take on water and require more specialized handling.
4. Storm Water Removal – For full access to every corner of your property, we use state-of-the-art portable equipment for extracting the storm water. We also check out-of-the-way areas where water is not readily visible. If water is not fully removed from these hidden areas, the potential for mold to grow is very real. Besides just removing water, our process includes taking all necessary steps to prevent an infestation from mold.
5. Dry Out – Once standing water has been extracted, we put professional-grade drying equipment in place to thorough dry the affected area and remove all dampness.
6. Clean Up – We sanitize and deodorize the entire area affected by the storm water damage. We inspect personal belongings, furnishings, and other property for damage and contamination, and properly dispose of anything that cannot be fully cleaned or salvaged.
7. Property Renovation – If your home or business property has incurred structural damage inside or out, we provide all necessary construction and renovation services to restore your property to its pre-storm-damage condition. We want you to be able to get back in so your home life or business operations can get back on track.
Why Choose MHS Restoration?
Disaster often strikes without warning. The stress this causes, combined with uncertainty about how to begin the cleanup work, can be overwhelming. The professionals at MHS Restoration are your neighbors. We treat you with respect and keep your needs at the forefront. Our goal is to always do the best possible job and restore your peace of mind.
MHS Restoration, a division of McMaid, is family owned and operated. When you choose us to handle your emergency, you can trust us to keep you informed at every stage – right up to the last step we take on premises. We want to make sure you are 100% satisfied.
- Our technicians are trained and IICRC-certified.
- We support you through the insurance claims.
- Our methods and equipment are professional-grade, state of the art, and safe for use in any environment.
- MHS Restoration is licensed, bonded, and insured.
Has your business or residence suffered storm damage that resulted in flooding or some other property destruction? If yes, you need fast property cleanup and restoration service from a company with the experience and expertise to thoroughly and professionally handle the job – always with your needs in mind. MHS Restoration, a division of McMaid, is that company, and we always implement the best, safest, and most effective remediation and restoration solution, whatever your need. If you are located in the Chicago area suburbs of Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Barrington, Palatine, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Naperville, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, or areas nearby, call us 24/7, and our emergency response team will be onsite quickly and work until you can go back inside safely and comfortably.
MHS Restoration is Available 24/7 For All Emergency Services So Call (847) 991-7100.